The Modbus Slave module provides an interface between RoboRealm and
a modbus master such as a PLC device. The modbus slave module requires
an Ethernet based master and can handle multiple variable mappings
between RoboRealm and the master.
1. Available variables - Displays a list of available variables
within RoboRealm that can be mapped to modbus memory locations.
2. Send variables - The list of variables that are configured
with modbus settings such that a modbus master can access those
3. Variable Settings - Used to configure how the RoboRealm variables
are exposed as modbus registers or coils.
4. Table - The modbus table that the variable should be accessible via.
5. Address - The modbus address that is used to access the variable.
This address is relative to the table used.
6. Automatic, Integer, Float, String - defines the type of the variable
to transmit. Changing the type will alter the format of the
transmitted data. The master modbus must understand the format in order
to utilize the variable correctly.
7. Options - Specifies the network settings for modbus.
8. Port - The port that the modbus slave module is listening on
in order to accept and process requests.
9. Slave ID - The modbus slave id that this slave module will accept.
10. Timeout - The timeout in seconds of any network interaction between
the module and the modbus master.
11. Threads - The number of active threads that will respond to
modbus requests. If you only expect to have one modbus master communicate
with RoboRealm just use a single thread.
Open Sound Control
For more information
Wikipedia - Modbus
|Modbus_Slave Related Forum Posts||Last post||Posts||Views|
How to read an integer array using Modbus?
How to read an integer array element and send it to the Modbus server?
It works fine on an simple integer variable...
connect to modbus
does roborealm support Devicenet or only modbus? ...
modbus TCP/IP slave problem
I have a problem with modbus TCP/IP slave.
I am trying to connect R/R to PLC. but ...
Modbus master communication
Are there any plans of integrating a modbus TCP master module in to RR? I have a PLC that only...
communication b/w RR and PLC
I am struggling to communicate with PLC.
Modbus slave is good module but I don't know how to us...
Modbus slave problem
I have been testing the Modbus slave functionality and there seems to be a bug in the works. When I use...