The Surface Texture module is used to highlight surface irregularities that define texture. Similar
to edge detection, the surface texture module will also highlight edges but normalized to their
surroundings. The surface texture module can be tuned to specific frequencies and texture directions
which also make it insensitive to lighting changes.
1. Size - The Size attribute specifies the area of consideration that the filter will
analyze for intensity changes. The larger the size the more subtle textures will be highlighted.
2. Weight - The sensitivity to light that is taken into account when determining texture. The larger
the value the more average intensity of the window size is preserved. This ensure that darker areas
which will have more random texture can be reduced.
3. Intensity - When determining texture the module will regard pixel intensities above and below
the average intensity within the window size. You can select that only lighter than average or
darker than average intensities are reflected. This allows the module to also segment small
parts from the image as texture.
4. Influence - To reduce noise, you can select that the results of neighboring pixels be combined
into the final result. This tends to smooth the results by averaging from the surrounding
5. Direction - For Wide and Very Wide Influences you can select a specific direction to
6. Threshold - For a non-zero threshold value you can select which pixels to preserve above the
specified value. Use zero to disable the thresholding to view the gray level response.
|Surface_Texture Related Forum Posts||Last post||Posts||Views|
Hi Steven, I can not point out the defects in the central part of the rubber.
I also have problems with the form c...