Blob filtering
Anonymous
6 year
I would like to filter blobs so that remained only those that are further at least 30px from those blobs that touch the edges of image. So I want to leave the plane on a background of the sky, but to remove the branches and leaves of trees. Can this be done using the Blob Filter module?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 6 year
Yes, that is possible. The blob filter is one way to do this. You could also just draw a white rectangle around the border of 30 px thick (using Display_Rectangle) and then remove the largest blob.

If you include an example image we can show you how this could be done.

STeven.
Sergey from Russia  [5 posts] 6 year
I probably incorrectly expressed. I need to remove the blobs that touch the edges and which are in 30px around the first. Now I solve the problem with Dilate and Math modules, but this reduces performance. I thought that if I will combine it into a single operation, will be able to increase FPS.
program.robo
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 6 year
If your camera doesn't move much it might be possible to only calculate the mask once in a while since trees don't typically move much either. This could be done every 30 seconds or so and saved as a Marker which is used to mask the final image. That would save you a couple steps and increase the fps.

Also, check if you can't use a smaller image. Planes are quite big in the image so scaling the image by 2x would still work and be 4x quicker.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index