VBScript sleep command
Anonymous
7 year
Hi,

I'm running on a slow PC and I need to slow the framerate of the camera.  However, I'm not having any luck setting the FPS using roborealm.  As a work around, I came across VBScript sleep command.  I want to use sleep command to slow the image processing.  However, when I call "Sleep 1000", it doesn't seem to work.  I can see process image counter going up very fast.

My understanding based on documentation is that Sleep will stop all processing of Roborealm.  Can someone explain why Sleep is not working?

Thank you,

Sam
Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Sam,

Its a bit subtle but the Sleep in VBScript only suspends the VBScript and NOT the pipeline. Once upon a time it did ... which caused serious issues so it was re-engineered to avoid that.

Instead I would either use the Options button->Other tab and set the Max processing fps to something lower. That's what this is meant for.

If for some reason you do need to run part of the pipeline at a faster/slower rate, you can see the Timer module which provide you that kind of control.

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Timer.php

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index