Blob Recognition, Image Compare, or Feature?
Thorin Swofford from United States  [2 posts]
7 year
I am new to RoboRealm and have not purchased a version as-of-yet. I am curious as to whether this program will do as desired. It looks as though it will from the research and looking at this forum so far.
I have attached a photo of the examples of what I want the software to look for from the Microsoft LifeCam that I want to use with RoboRealm. I know the lighting is not good from this photo, but a lighting and mounting structure is under construction for this project that will make lighting and distance a constant in the future...
I am trying to make an inexpensive AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) tool for our small electronics manufacturing company. I want to (mainly) look at the resistor/diode color code combination of multiple components (simultaneously) and match the "LIVE" shot of a circuit board and compare it to the saved "GOOD/CORRECT" version.

1. What version of the software would I need to purchase?

2. What would be the feature solution to do what I want?

3. Is there a tutorial that will teach me how to program this project? Or, has someone already done this that I can get help from?

Thank you everyone!

Thorin Swofford from United States  [2 posts] 7 year
I am wondering, do I need to purchase this software to get support or help on this issue? I have posted here for a week and sent a request via the contact page and gotten nothing in return. All I am looking for at the moment is, Yes - it works/No - it won't work for what you want.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!
Techdetect from United States  [28 posts] 7 year
I've used it for years, yes the software will work you will just need to play with the settings.  Try the trial, follow the examples and you'll be on your way.  Note: web cams are not the best for this situation but they will work.  Good luck,  

Pinky
Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Thorin,

The first task is to ensure that you can align one image with a previous one. This will then allow you to either check the specific color at a known position in the image or compare the image directly with a previous gold standard. But without being able to align the board first this is not possible.

Ideally, you would have a couple images as they would appear in your production line and be able to determine how the board may shift from one image to the next. Once this is better understood the process of extracting the board location (not sure how to do that without seeing an actual image) and using the Affine module to correct its location (translation, scale, rotatation, etc.) you can then compare the images directly using the Math module.

Can you post a couple images as they would appear in your production line? Or if this is a manual step, setup a camera as your folks would use it and take a couple images. Background of what the board is lying on, changing lights, shadows, reflections, etc. will all contribute to which solution is used to best extract out where the board is in the image to perform alignment. Its not terribly complicated but difficult to get right which is why many samples are needed for testing.

1. Commercial version is required for commercial use

2. Feature solution is present in combining RR modules.

3. Closest tutorial is

http://www.roborealm.com/tutorial/Blister_Inspection/index.php

which shows the alignment process.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index