Set mouse position + simulate clicks
Anonymous
17 year
My boss had asked me to create a system in which the webcam could process the video stream and move the mouse and even send mouse clicks.  Hey, I thought this program was pretty cool, but I couldn't find a module that would let me do these things.  Perhaps, there already is one, I just can't find it.  If there is, please tell me.  However, if this currently isn't built in, how can I accomplish my task?

Great program,
Darvin Krogertred
Controlling Mouse Movement
Anonymous
17 year
Darvin,

There isn't a module to allow you to control the mouse using RoboRealm (although we can easily add that) ... but out of curiosity ... what application are you intending to use this for? If it seems useful enough for others we can add the mouse control capability into RR but we'd like a good reason to do so.

If not, it is possible to add that functionality in using the DLL Extension (or other extensions) that would receive RR variables and thus control the mouse accordingly. Win32 has apis to set the mouse and could potentially be used to simulate a mouse click or stuff the keyboard, etc.

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 17 year
Thanks for answering my question.  Yeah, I am using the camera to track a pen like object with a colored tip.  Using the affine transformation, I want to be able to control the mouse to create a tablet like device.  Obviously not precise as one, but a lot cheaper.  I was considering creating the dll myself, but how long do you expect it would take to implement?
Anonymous 17 year
From,
Darvin Vladinslav Krogertred
Mouse Module
Anonymous
17 year
Seems like that module would take about a day or so to create ... or at least that's how long it took us. Have a look at http://www.roborealm.com/help/Mouse.php and download RoboRealm again to get this module (just released today).

It is an interesting way to create a new type of interface. We did something totally new today ... we were able to grab and drag a window around on the desktop without touching the mouse or keyboard but just by moving a red ball in space. You also very quickly realize how steady you need to be when doing something like that. Be sure you camera image is large and things should better allow for a shaky hand!

See the example at the bottom of the doc page.

Enjoy!
STeven.
Anonymous 17 year
Wow, that was fast.  Thanks a lot STeven.  I plan on having it so it moves the mouse a relative amount based on the objects old and current positions allowing for smoother movement like that of a mouse.  I congratulate you again on this great product in general and your superb support in particular.  Nice!

-Darvin

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index