USB Port / RoboRealm Module
Frank Lorenzi from United States  [11 posts]
8 year
I’m  trying to figure out what RR module I should use to get my RR Blog Filter to communicate with my Phidget 1011 interface via my computer’s USB port.

I am using

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?category=0&product_id=1011_0

and

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3052

My Blog filter identifies the object and I can turn power on and off by toggling the Phidget 1011 interface, I just can not get a signal to flow from my RR Blog Filter module to my Phidget 1011 interface via my USB port.

I have attached a screen capture of one of the RR modules that I have tried and my Phidget settings.

I have read all of the documentation and tried all of the RR modules but still can not get it to work.  Any help that anyone could give me would be greatly approached.  

Thanks.

Joe

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 8 year
Joe,

Have you tried the Phidget_888_Interface module in RoboRealm?

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Phidgets_888_Interface_Kit.php

That would be my best guess to communicate to the Phidget device (forget the Parallel port module ... that's very unlikely to work).

The module *should* reduce to just 2/2/2 for your device. However, since the device is new, there is always a possibility that we still need to tweak the module a bit but give that a try first and let us know how it goes.

STeven.
Frank Lorenzi from United States  [11 posts] 8 year
Thanks STeven

I tried the Phidget_888_Interface module in RoboRealm and in the process I realized that I was not getting a "connected" signal on any of the modules that I tried such as the USBmicro module.  I'll keep working on that, maybe I don't have the right drivers.  In any case,  I just order a 1014-2 Phidget Interface Kit 0/0/4.  It seems like a simpler way to control things than what I have now.

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?category=9&product_id=1014

Thanks again.  Joe
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Joe,

We downloaded the latest libs from Phidgets and recompiled using those. Can you download the latest RR version and see if the 888 interface configures itself to a 2/2/2 mode? I.e. while it shows 8 of each, 6 of those channels should be disabled.

I don't see anything different in the code for that particular device so given the latest lib that should work ... which I assume works fine from the Phidget app, right?

Let me know if you see anything different when trying the latest version.

STeven.
Seem to be making progress!

I reload RoBoRealm and Phidgets and after some trial and error it seems that I was able to connect RoBoRealm to my Phidget Relay via the USB port on my laptop using the Phidget 888 module.  The attached screen capture shows the Phidget 888 module and it says “Connected to #291370”.  291370 is the S/N of the relay.

I say "seems" because I still not get RobBoRealm to turn on the Phidgets relay.  I can turn the relay on manually but I cannot get it to go on when RoBoRealm sees the green ball.

Can you tell me how to setup the Phidget 888 module so it communicates with the Phidgets relay?

Thanks.

Joe

Steve

It's working!!!

It took a while but I was able to get RoBoRealm to communicate with my 1014_2 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/4 Relay via the Phidget 888 module.  Whatever you did to the Phidget 888 worked.  My problem was that I was putting "Shape Label" in the Variable field when I should have been putting "Shape Confidence" in the Variable field.  As so as I put "Shape Confidence" in the Variable field the relay started clicking.

I would recommend the Phidget 888 Module and the 1014_2 - PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/4 Relay to anyone who wants to get RoBoRealm to communicate with a small motor, light, etc.  Just make sure that you put the right variable in field.

Joe
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Joe,

Thanks for the update! Yes, it is all about the details. One wrong thing and suddenly everything doesn't work!

Watch the bit setting when using the Confidence value. That will range from 0 to 100 which means if you set it to bit 6 that will only trigger when above 6, or 32 for bit 5, etc. (power of 2 numbers). If you set it to bit 7 (128) that will not do anything.

Cheers,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index