Camera Properties Adjusting/Saving
Ryan from United States  [3 posts]
9 year
I'm using USB microscope cameras for a few applications but I'm having trouble with some of the camera settings. Specifically, it seems that the auto exposure keeps turning itself back on which messes with all the filters I set up.

It seems that the camera properties are heavily related to the camera drivers. Is it possible there is a more stable generic driver to help with this kind of issue?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Ryan,

This is not uncommon (i.e. when the drivers do not save the actual settings).

Have you tried using the Camera Properties module to force those settings when you restart?

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Camera_Properties.php

STeven.
Ryan from United States  [3 posts] 9 year
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and it DOES work.

The only issue is that having the camera properties module activated drops the fps from 4-5 to 0.5 or lower which is too slow.

Do you think a better computer could help?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Ryan,

A better computer would probably not help. The camera properties module does not perform any CPU bound task. What it does do is send parameters to a camera that *may* cause the camera fps to slow. Its hard to test without having the actual microscope but normally when you adjust the exposure of any camera it will slow the number of frames it sends since it needs to wait longer to get enough light for a single image. Try playing with these parameters (exposure, shutter, etc) in the camera module and see if after waiting a couple seconds for the camera to adjust if the frame rate changes.

Alternatively, shine a MUCH brighter light at the sample which will reflect more light into the camera which would also help to increase the fps. This is often seen in webcams simply by pointing it towards a lamp.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index