Path Planning
Raj from FJ  [5 posts]
13 year
Hi
Actually i have few questions since i am new to this software. First, is it possible to do path planning using roborealm  with the camera installed on the robot instead of up in the ceiling?

Which is the best motor controller to be used with roborealm? Is it good to control motors through serial window of roborealm or using external microprocessor such as Arduino?

This will be a great assistance for my project which i would like to start in a few months.

Thanks
Rajeev
Anonymous 13 year
Have a look at

http://www.roborealm.com/tutorial/Path_Planning/slide010.php

which describes what you are asking about.

Its better to use a motor controller other than the PC to control motors. You will get more consistent performance with a dedicated device than trying to get the PC to perform this near realtime task. Using an Arduino is possible but you have to watch the mA as the Arduino will not produce much ... most either use the Sabertooth line of motor controllers or get a board that has more amps to use for the motors (like the Pololu SVP, Serializer, etc. )

STeven.
Raj from FJ  [5 posts] 13 year
Thanks Steven. This will surely help me alot.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index