interfacing the Roborealm with pic and motor controller
muaammar from Malaysia  [3 posts]
13 year
hi every one,
I am using a dsPIC30f4011 as the main microcontroller which has built in UART
Module for serial communication as an intermediate medium between the embedded system and the microcontroller. I am using the roborealm as the main vision system to identify a green ball and follow the ball as it in the range of vision. I have partially established the image processing. the proplem is that i dont know how to interface the stepper motor with roborealm. i am using dsPIC as the microcotroller to run the motor. The microcontroller is connected into The
stepper motor controller which consists of UCN5804 as the controller to control the stepper motor speed and direction.

How can I interface the output of the roborealm which are basically the gravity center (COGX) to determine the direction and movement of the robot into the microcontroller circuit, and how to initialize the ports need to connect the PIC into the motor driver circuit.

If there are any tutorials using the Cscript plz tell me, since i found that the information in the Cscript documentation is not sufficient.

thank you.
Anonymous 13 year
Hadi,

The basic way this is done is by either using either the serial module or the MCU communicator module. If you really want a solid comm you can probably convert one of the other MCU applications that can be downloaded from the MCU communication module page or you can make up something quick with the serial module. If you look at the forum postings at the bottom of the serial module page you will see how others have done this with other MCUs.

Note that it is NOT a function of CScript or VBScript to do this since those are modules that run on the PC and NOT on the MCU. You use them mainly to create or change the variable formats based on what you want to send to the MCU but are NOT required for this to work. What you are really asking about is functionality performed by the serial module.

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Serial.php

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index