how to send data to MCU with SERIAL MODULE configuration
kenny chan from Malaysia  [2 posts]
13 year
im doing for the connection in between the ROBOREALM to the PIC chip. but the problem is how can i define that the connection between this two stuffs is connected??how can i send the data to the PIC??possible that i only use SERIAL MODULE configuration to send the data without plugin any VBscript program??
program.robo
Anonymous 13 year
Kenny,

Use the forum to search for examples of the serial module to get a better idea of the way to communicate to a PIC. Several examples exist for BS2 and another current thread with a Propeller. Or check the bottom of the Serial module page for forum entries.

In your serial module enter

\\[HIGHEST_MIDDLE_X]

in the Send Sequence box (the larger one NOT the one next to the button).

This will transmit a 4 byte number over serial to whatever device is on the other side. So configure the serial module to the PIC and write a pic program to read 4 bytes from the serial line. You will then need to recreate the binary number using something like

value = byte1 | (byte2<<8) | (byte3<<16) | (byte4<24)

or if you have a way to read an integer number from the serial line you can try that too. If the result is a really large number the byte order may be reversed so instead use

//[HIGHEST_MIDDLE_X]

which will reverse which byte is the highest byte.

STeven.
kenny chan from Malaysia  [2 posts] 13 year
hi steven after view through the other example, what i get is the is better to use your example as the base but when i tried enter

[left_motor]<cr>
[right_motor]<cr>

in the serial module. but there is not any bytes signals produce...is that any problem for the code i enter in the serial configuration??or the VB script program is not suitable to in this module??

thanks for the the reply....steven
program.robo
Anonymous 13 year
Try using the double slashes in front like

\\[left_motor]\\[right_motor]

with NO spaces or newline after  it. That will send 8 bytes over serial.

See

http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?thread_id=3878#

for more information about this.

You can also check the comments on the bottom of the serial module documentation page for much more info:

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Serial.php

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index