how to interface DC gear Motor to roborealm software
Preshit from India  [1 posts]
14 year
i dont know how to interface the motor with software . i am using 89v51rd2 microcotroller to run the motor but i dont know how to it in roborealm plz help me..........
Anonymous 14 year
For the 89v51rd2 there are two potential ways ... but keep in mind that you will have to write code on the 89v51rd2 in order to interpret the result.

The first is the serial module. You can connect the 89v51rd2 to a PC and use the serial module to send custom variables/etc to the 89v51rd2 for interpretation. This will require that you create your own functions in the 89v51rd2 in order to wait for messages from the PC. This is the most common method and has been used to integrate the BS2, Axon, Arduino, etc. If you search on the forum and have a look at the code for these other MCUs you will gain a better idea of what the code on the 89v51rd2 will need to do.

The second is to use something like the USB_UIRT module to send IR commands to the 89v51rd2 and also interpret those commands. This would allow some wireless communication but may be not as reliable as serial.

Note that you could also create a bluetooth serial connection to the 89v51rd2  which would use the Serial module just fine.

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Serial.php

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index