How to connect to camera using a Lan connection
Mohammad from Australia  [1 posts]
14 year
Our robot is connected to computer using Lan or wifi network. So, when I want to see our robot’s camera, I should go to //192.168.0.102:8080 to see the camera image or I should use remote desktop.

The problem is that the camera image does not appear on Roborealm and I’m not sure if RoboRealm supports our camera or not.

Could I change the settings of RoboRelam such that the camera image appears?
Anonymous 14 year
Just for completeness, this message answered  outside the forum using the following:

---//---

Try using the Http read module at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/HTTP_Read.php

which needs the url to the ip camera that returns a MJPEG (or just JPEG) image. The trick is to find this url. Normally if you "view source" in the browser page used to view the camera you can find it someone in there ... perhaps within a bunch of Javascript. Once this url is know the module will then grab the image and treat it just like a normal webcam.

If you can't find this url let us know the make/model of the camera you are using and we can help you out by finding that model hopefully running somewhere on the internet. If you can also zip up that page where you see the camera operating and post it so we can have a look into that too.

Note that there is no standard way of talking to IP cameras (besides within a browser) so each one is a little different.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index