USB relay out board
Jay  [5 posts]
15 year
I have a usb relay output/input board (j-works.com) left over from another project.  I was wondering if anyone has implimented such a device within roborealm before. Writing a new module is out of my leage (has never stopped me before though) and i would hate to spend a few weeks working on something that has already been done. I do have a pretty intimate knowledge of cognex's DVT software but i have never has to write code for interfacing before. Anyhelp or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jay111@usa.net

Anonymous 15 year
Jay,

Yes that looks to be a bit daunting. While we do have the ability to write plugins for RoboRealm working with USB is a little tricky unless you are familiar with that process. If you need something very simple perhaps the generic USB module

http://www.roborealm.com/help/USB_HID.php

might be something to look at but it is unlikely that they expose their device as a HID device.

Other than that contacting the company and asking them to help out might be the way to go.

STeven.
Jay  [5 posts] 15 year
Steven, yea my forhead is a little sore from banging against the monitor. Not from the usb part but from trying to make visual c++ express work with mfc. The manufacturer provided many source code examples and classes so now that i can work with mfc it should be relatively easy...  the next big problem is getting  camera setup that is capable of 30++ fps
Jay
Jay  [5 posts] 15 year
after much additional head banging I have written... rrr... (extreamly butchered  the swapcolor.dll source code) to come up with an interface for certain j-works usb relay cards is it appropriate to post it?  i am sure its really in demand :)
anyway i still hate programing but at least my little relay card clicks when i tell it to.
Anonymous 15 year
jay,

By all means please post away! We will take a quick look and offer any suggestions that might help the module work better with RoboRealm.

Ha, you'll see, you'll slowly get hooked into programming ... it's a slippery slope once you've tasted any success! :-)

Great job!
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index