Anonymous 15 year
Is it possible to choose when you want to transmit a frame over the image_distributor modules rather then having a constant flow?

Is there a way of doing so, either within the module or using if statements?
Dave from United States  [84 posts] 15 year
I kind of brouth this up a few times, wonder why a small FTP server could be built into RoboRealm. Along with this would be a timer to allow a snapshot to be uploaded at timed intervoles, and even maybe the amout of pictures to keep on the server. Thus if you had the time set for 60 seconds and to store 10 pictures, every 60 seconds a snapshot would be taken and FTP'ed to your server. Once there were 10 pictures loaded to your server, the next snapshot would be the first picture, ande the olders picture (10) would be deleted.

I just thought this would be a good thing for everybody using cams or robots, etc. That way if you or other can view whats been going on in a certain time frame. Although I brought this up twice, I never got a reply about it. Maybe it would be taking RoboRealm in the wrong direction?
Anonymous 15 year
Dave,

We don't always respond to all relevant posts when new features are released but perhaps you missing this new module release a couple weeks ago?

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Ftp_Images.php

Or are you aware of this module and need a modification of it?

STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
In reference to the first post, the distributor module will transmit an image when it is "run". I.e. if a conditional statement is around that module it will not transmit a new image. Thus you can create a IF_Statement around that module and refer to a variable that you specify somewhere else that should do the trick.

STeven.
Hi STeven,

Yes, your right. I don't usually have a current version running. I usually download the current version only now and then, about once a month inless I see that a new version has been released. As a matter of fact I download a version the other week but never got around to installing it. Guess I'll have to do another download and take a look at things.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi STeven,

Thats just what I had in mind, great!  One small problem though, it doesn't seem to be passing the correct username and password, or is it something here. Every time it goes to upload an image I get an error, "Username or password wrong"?

Thanks,
Dave
Hi again STeven,

I'm wondering if its because RoboRealm is using the PASSIVE MODE to connect to the FTP server is causing my problem? In other words its not the program itself, but rather I don't know what need to be done to make a connection in a PASSIVE MODE. Although I heard of it, I don't ever recall where I had to use that mode that I'm aware of.

Thanks,
Dave
Anonymous 15 year
Dave,

Passive mode would be an issue if we had been logged in and had an issue sending the file out to the server ... as we're not even logged in yet some other issue must be going on.

We added a little more debugging to that login error prompt. Can you download the latest RR 1.8.23.1 copy and try it again. Then when you get the error can you copy the text (or take a screen shot) of what it says.

Thanks,
STeven.
Hi STeven,

Ok, below is what the error says word for word, including any spaces, etc. The olny difference you will see is I replaced my server and my name with "X's" using an "X" for each letter. I just don't like the idea of posting my server nor my user name in public and have someone pick them up and use a password buster to try and break in. But this is what it say's.

Failed to login to FTP host. Check your username and password.

Thu Oct 16 08:13:06> 220 ftpxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx
Invalid username 'xxxxx'!

Thats it, leter for letter, space for space, all but the "X's".

If you need a screen shot, I can email it to you.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi STeven,

Thought I better mention this just in case. When I upgraded RoboRealm to the latest version, I didn't replace two files, the "index.html" file and the "working.robo" file. I don't think this would make a difference, but I just wanted to be sure before you start pulling your hair out and its fault is on my end by not using these two files.

Thanks, Dave
Anonymous 15 year
Dave,

No those files don't need to be updated. I sent you an email directly and we will continue this outside of the forum due to the nature of the information being discussed (i.e. passwords, usernames, etc.)

STeven.
Hi STeven!

The FTP part of the program seems to be working pretty good thus far, though I have another question about it. I was wondering if there was anyway the program could grab a snapshot at a different point in the program?

Example, when you connect to the cam over the web, you see the time and date overlayed on the image. When the programs grabs a snapshot and uploads it, this information isn't on the image uploaded.

So I was thinking if the program could brab a snapshot "after" the image was processed (If thats the word I want to use?) instead of before. Thus you would have the time and date on the image when it was uploaded.

Although it's no big deal, it would be nice though to know what time and date the image was taken. It would also allow people to know if the image or images they are looking at are the same images or new images.

For instance, if you had images uploading from a room that not much goes on, though things do happen in that room now and then. If everything in the images were the same (no people, nothing changed, etc.), people wouldn't know how old the image is. Is it a new image or a few day's old?

The two images below are:  One what you see if you visit the webcam, and two, what is uploaded by FTPing.

Thanks,
Dave

Anonymous 15 year
Dave,

Sure. Just open the GUI interface to the Display_DateTime and uncheck the "Display as Annotation". When enabled the "Display as Annotation" will ensure that the graphic is draw after all processing has been completed to ensure that the date/time does not get processed too! In you case you want it to be processed. Also be sure that the FTP module is AFTER the Display_DateTime. Order does matter and the FTP module will use the current image that is in view and FTP that. So you can run filters prior to the FTP module and it should upload that image. This gives you a lot of flexibility and can be used to FTP the image up more than once per pipeline processing.

Note the "Display as Annotation" is new ... as of last week I think. If you don't see it in that interface (checkbox) then download the latest version.

STeven.
Hi STeven!

Thanks for the reply.  For some reason the date times isn't being uploaded here on the image.

I have to sessions of Roborealm running on teo different computers each running four modules and the modules are in different positions.

Computer 1:

VBScript Program
Display_DateTime
Ftp Client
Logitech_Orbit

Computer2
VBScrip Program
Display_DateTime
Logitech_Orbit
FTP Client

Neither of these are uploading the image with the time/date on the image. If I move either the "Logitech_Orbit" or "FTP Client" above the "Display_DateTime, I lose the date/time on my preview window, but as you said the FTP Client is to come after the "Display_DateTime".

Also the "Display as Annototation" is off on both machines. So at this point I'm not sure if something is wrong with what I'm doing or if it lies somewhere else?

Thanks,
Dave

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index