PATH PLANNING MODULE
Dan Stevenson from United Kingdom  [12 posts]
16 year
Hi STeven,

Thanks for your help with the path planning module. We have managed to get one robot to coarsely follow the line, i think its a case of adjusting the motor speeds etc to get a better result. Are actual task at this stage is to get this line following done with 3 robots. We are having issues implimenting the path planning module more than once. Roborealm crashes everytime we load it up. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Dan and Nick
Anonymous 16 year
Dan,

Can you include the robofile that is used just before the crash. And then some idea on what you do to cause the crash would be helpful. If we can replicate it we can get a fix out normally within a day.

STeven.
Dan Stevenson from United Kingdom  [12 posts] 16 year
Hi STeven,

We've attached the .robo files for 1 robot to follow the line the whole way round using the sample line.  When we create another path planning module and select greedy path and SAMPLE_LINE_POINTS.  Having the PLAN_ORIENTATION variable name as set might be one of the problems?
What we want to do is to have the robots (there will be 3 colours (RGY)) to follow the line around indeffinitely.

Thanks for any ideas?

Dan and Nick

program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
Dan,

We are able to replicate the error. We should have a fix out later today/early tomorrow. Thanks very much for the robofile!!

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Dan,

ver 1.8.7.10 has the fix for the error that we found. We tested by using your robofile and then added a new Path Planning module at the end of the pipeline. Setting it to greedy and using the same variable does not appear to crash the system anymore. Can you confirm?

Using the same variable should not be an issue as the variable will be overwritten as needed. You will need to keep a copy after the first module if you intend to use the orientation after the second module has changed that value.

STeven.
Hi,

The path planning seems to be working now.  Unfortunately we need to charge the robots so I won't be able to let you know how that goes till tomorrow!  Looks promising though as the crashing isn't happening anymore.

Thanks.

Dan and Nick
Hi STeven,

Me and Nick are still working on having more than one robot following the line at the same time. Loading in the second path planning module seemed to be fine, but then when we added the second VBscipt the system crashed. I have uploaded the file we are currently working on. I have also attached the individual path planning files for the red and green robot (which are working fine). Just wondering if you have any suggestions on how we can get round this problem.

Thanks

Dan and Nick
Hi STeven,

I cant seem to upload any .robo files, it doesn't seem to be working at the moment but I will try again a bit later. Basically its a case of the robots work individually, but when we try to collate the code, roborealm crashes. The previous problem was related to the actual path planning module, but i think now its happening when we load in more than one VBscript / SRV1 module.

Thanks

Dan and Nick
Hi STeven,

I have been experimenting further with the problem. Firstly, roborealm doesnt explicitly have an issue with having more than one path planning, vbscript, or srv1 module. Initially we tried to achieve multiple path planning by having the modules in the following order:

path planning (for red)
path planning (for green)
vbscript (for red)
vbscript (for green)
SRV1 module (for red)
SRV1 module (for green)

This setup doesnt crash roborealm, however it seems that if red and green path planning modules are on in this order, the last path planning module is the one that is 'seen' and so the setup doesn't work. The logical thing to do was to have the following order:

path planning (red)
vbscript (red)
SRV1 module (red)
path planning (green)
vbscript (green)
SRV1 module (green)

This is what is crashing roborealm. Im not sure whether this is a setup that would lead to a successful result, however it seems to be just crashing every time we try to alter the order of these modules.

Hope this clarifies our problem..

Thanks

Dan and Nick
Anonymous 16 year
Dan,

Can you try posting the robofile that you have just before it crashes with instructions as to which module you move in which direction that causes the crash? That will help us to replicate the issue.

Note we had some problems with posting robofiles yesterday that should be fixed.

Thanks,
STeven.
Hi STeven,

I had another go at trying to get two robots following the line. I did actually manage to get it to work, but then the program crashed again. When the program crashes it wont let you work on it any more, i think it corrupts it or something. I have included the path planning module for the red robot and the green robot individually, and the file for red and green together which we cannot get to not crash. Basically the methodology we are using is

1. get one robot to follow the line.
2. add in the relevant code for the other robot (to see the colour)#
3. include the path planning module, the VB_Script module and the SRV1 module.

I am not sure why roborealm keeps crashing but it doesn't seem to like connecting to more than one robot at a time.

Thanks

Dan
program.robo
Here is the code we are trying to use for both robots:
program.robo
Hi STeven,

Just wondered if you had managed to replicate the error we described above. We have kept trying to have up to three SRV-1 modules with up to three pathplanning and VBScipt modules. This works sometimes but does eventually crash.

Thanks

Dan
Anonymous 16 year
Dan,

We did find a problem with the Sample_Points module in that the array it created was 1 smaller than it needed to be which made it not a multiple of 2. This caused the path_planning to fail. We fixed both issues.

Note that as we do not have two SRVs we are not 100% that your script is working .. can you give the newest version 1.8.10.3 a try and see if the error persists.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index