RoadNarrows RoboSightThe RoadNarrows RoboSight module provides an interface to the RoboSight vision recognition board. Powered by the CogniMem CM-1K neural network chip by General-Vision, visual objects are readily detected and categorized from patterns previously trained. The recognized visual categories are then fed into RoboRealm to guide goal decisions, object localization, platform movement and navigation, and environment manipulation.
The RoboSight RoboRealm module can be used to configure the RoboSight camera properties as well as upload, download and train patterns on the board. Recognized object categories are fed back into RoboRealm as variables that can be used by other modules or transported to external application/devices.
Note that the RoboRealm RoboSight board assumes that the composite video connection on the RoboSight board is used to capture an image into the PC. You will need a NTSC digitizer such as a TV tuner that supports a 352x288 image size. Generic digitizers will work but may not support the 352x288 image size which will cause the viewed image on the PC to be somewhat distorted. This, however, does NOT affect RoboSight's ability to recognize objects as the PC view is just used for camera positioning and preview.
1. COM Port - Select the appropriate COM port that is connected to the RoboSight board. If the appropriate COM port does not appear ensure that all connections are made and that the RoboSight board is turned on. Close the module and reopen to see if the COM port appears in the dropdown list.
2. Camera Parameters - Use the following controls to change the camera properties within RoboSight. Note that this assumes the NTSC out on the RoboSight board is being previewed via a digitizer on the PC. Changing camera properties will affect both the NTSC image and the image fed to the CogniMem vision chip.
3. Patterns - Several buttons allow for the setup of the RoboSight board.
4. ROI - Changing the ROI or Region of Interest of RoboSight will cause the recognition to change what part of the image is focused on. Often it is not possible to align the camera on the expected object position such that the object completely fills the field of view. When this happens adjusting the ROI to ignore non-object areas of the image can help improve object recognition.
Note that the RoboSight image size WILL change when changing the width and height of the ROI area. Changing these parameters may invalidate image patterns that you have downloaded by not allowing you to upload the images back into RoboSight. Thus you should first set the ROI BEFORE training any valid patterns and downloading them to the PC.
5. (Other) Reset RoboSight - You can reset the RoboSight board by pressing the "Reset RoboSight" button. This will cause RoboSight to forget all patterns in memory and reload all its settings.
6.(Other) Save To EEPROM/Load From EEPROM - When training or uploading images or changing camera settings all these changes are stored in volatile memory on the RoboSight board. This means that if you turn off the RoboSight board all these settings are lost. To save these settings such that they are used again once the RoboSight board is turned on you need to "Save to EEPROM". Likewise, if you wish to reload all saved settings (to erase all current settings stored in memory) you can press the "Load From EEPROM" button.
ROBOSIGHT_NAME_X - The category name associated with the recognized category. Note that this is a RoboRealm specific association and is NOT present on the RoboSight board. Up to four categories can be recorded at one time. Note that they are ordered with regards to distance with the first being the closest best match. ROBOSIGHT_CATEGORY_X - The numerical category RoboSight has assigned to the trained pattern. When the pattern is presented again to RoboSight this category number will become available as a recognition identification code that the object is present. ROBOSIGHT_DISTANCE_X - A measure of recognition confidence or the "distance" of the current recognized pattern to its associated pattern stored in RoboSight.
|RoadNarrows_RoboSight Related Forum Posts||Last post||Posts||Views|