about grabbing images from within the script..
Anonymous
17 year
hello,

to make things short, im fiddeling with this great piece of software, but i cant get  it to do what i want.

What i want: a simple security feature, to snap a picture when movement is detected.

i build it so far  (until now quite easy ;)) to make a asound when movement is detected. and that part funcions perfect. but when i try to make a snapshot. it just doesn`t do a thing. no jpeg-file at all appears in the folder i chose (i tried it via "loading/saving  -> write images"

what am i doing wrong?

grtz
quark

program.robo
Anonymous 17 year
quark,

You almost had it. Two fixes are included in the file below.

1. In the if statement you had <1 sec ago ... this should probably just be a number that is large enough to avoid any noise in the movement image. You can just type in a number instead of using the dropdown. We added in 10000 which should probably work but you may need to tweak the number.

2. In the write file module you need to specify an extension. An error message was missing that should have let you know about this. We changed the name to be .jpg will which cause .jpg files to be saved. This fix will be in the next release but is not needed for your scheme to function correctly.

Try the attached robo-file and hopefully that will work better.

STeven.

program.robo
Anonymous 17 year
Quark,

Actually I take that back ... there were a couple of other issues related to that module that have now been fixed.

In particular it would not startup on program start correctly and would start numbering images from the first number as apposed to checking for any existing images and then start numbering after that. In the current case if the program is restarted the last images are overwritten.

Please download RR again v1.7.10.3 to get those fixes.

STeven.
tried it but still no go...
Anonymous
17 year
hi,

thanks for the incredible fast response and even an new program update ;)

i downloaded the new version, tweaked the if statement to adjust te sensetivy to my needs (read: lighting conditions) redefined the filepath for the save location just to be sure. i ran i several times, fiddling around, but there wont show up any jpegs.. :(

ultimaly i want to build me a x-y movement camera wich should be controlled in a fashion that it tracks motion, and shoot a picture of any evnt it locks onto a target.

i trying first things first, but im getting stuck at the first step :P

anyways, help is needed, cant figure it out on myself, still doing something wrong...

kind regards
Quark..

p.s. i just must mention i absolutly love this piece of sofware already... it just satifies my tinkering needs ;)
program.robo
Anonymous 17 year
Quark,

Two suggestions.

1) Ensure that the full path is created ... the write image module will not create non-existing paths.

2) Most importantly ... press the "Start" button in the write modules interface. The script you sent over did not have the start activated. The Write module interface should be all grayed out when operational.

Let us know how it goes.

FYI, when we press the "start" button it works great for us.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index