Screen Capture
Steve from United States  [10 posts]
7 year
Hi can your product visually obtain and stream out the numeric number of the small block located on my screen It will always be in the same spot and I can make the color any that is needed but the background of the screen constantly changes.

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Yes, there are various ways to do this. Since it is always in the same spot you can crop the image to just that location and use the rgb filter module to extract out the reddist parts. You can then use the OCR module or Shape Matching module to extract out the actual numbers (I'm assuming those change).

The issue is if there is some red background behind/within the number. Thus if possible I would ensure that you surround the numbers with another color, i.e. red number with a couple pixel white border to ensure that they can be extracted correctly. This assumes the box is transparent with the background of the image showing through.

Other than that, I'd post some actual images since we are making some big assumptions here which may not be the case.

STeven.
Steve from United States  [10 posts] 7 year
Thanks for the reply. Yes the numbers change and yes the box is transparent.

I can't add a stroke to the number, but I can change it to a neon green that wouldn't ever match anything else on the screen.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index