Dll error when trying to run the VB script program
Manoj Guha from India  [1 posts]
7 year
Whenever I tried to use the  VBscript program I get an error stating that I have to place the ScriptSite_64.dll in System 32 folder. Accordingly I placed the .dll file in the told location  but still I get the same error again and again .. Please help me !

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Manoj,

There are couple things you can try that will help to better indicate the issue.

First open a Command Prompt (the little black DOS console) by typing in cmd once you click on the Windows button AND right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run As Administrator". You **MUST** run as administrator otherwise this will fail.

Go into the RR folder

cd c:\Program Files\RoboRealm\

and type

regsvr32 ScriptSite_64.dll

(yes, it has a 32 in the same even though it works with 64 bit). If this works you will see a success message. RR should run VB fine from there on. If it complains saying the DLL could not load or something to that effect you are probably missing the Windows Script Control that this DLL will reference (we use Windows own VB interpreter).

In this case, you will need to install the Script Control. The easiest way for 32 bit version is to download

http://www.roborealm.com/downloads/sct10en.exe

as this used to be what you would download from Microsoft ... but they don't host that download anymore. If you really need to run the x64 bit version, try the same file and see if that helps.

Normally this control is installed along with your OS or when you download IE (Internet Explorer browser) but it may be missing in some of the older OSes.

Let me know if you still can't get this to work.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index