subpixel calculation and write variables
pat from United States  [13 posts]
7 year
in the write variable module, can Roborealm export pixel variables as subpixel values (decimal instead of integer)? For example COG module has a subpixel setting. Just wonder if all other pixel variables can be exported as decimals in general.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Pat,

It will really depend on what value you are talking about. As the COG is calculated from many pixels one can represent the value as a decimal. In other cases, the values are represented in pixels with no possibility of doing a subpixel value because they may be calculated from a single pixel.

What value are you specifically interested in?

STeven.
pat from United States  [13 posts] 7 year
Hi Steven,

I have a simple fiducial (see image). I use the harris corner module to find the corner x y coordinates, then export coordinates with write variables module.

I wish to have the coordinates in decimal form instead of integer, so that I get subpixel precision. Can you implement that?

In general, I think it may be useful to report location variables in decimals.

Thanks, Pat

pat from United States  [13 posts] 7 year
oops, cannot upload .tif files... anyway, the image is a corner of a simple rectangle.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Pat,

I understand that what you are asking for is for the Harris points to be represented in decimal numbers?

Unfortunately, the module is written to completely avoid decimal numbers as that decreases the performance substantially.  The best you can do is to take an average of all 4 corner points to create a sub pixel value.

The other solution is to increase the resolution by 4x which means that each pixel value will be 4x more accurate than your current image size. While this can be done digitally with the Scale module, its always better if you can increase the camera resolution.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index