Coordinates of a circle video stream
Carlowww from Netherlands  [1 posts]
7 year
Hi all,

I want to extract X Y coordinates of a video which is a circle. This circle stream is from a full 360 vision camera. The circumference is going to be the X-axis and the radius is going to be the Y-axis. With this coordinates I'm going to aim a turret with a full 360 view. But is it possible to transform a position on the video stream to X-Y-coordinates?

I would like to hear your thoughts!
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Carl,

Yes, this is possible ... it depends on your final goal. Certainly transforming an individual point to Cartesian coordinates just requires the right formula but if you want to transform the image image into something that is more viewable I think you might find

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Polar_Transform.php

useful. Keep in mind that these are pixel coordinates and NOT real world coordinates. In order to that you'd need to know more about the environment that you are working with or have an additional depth sensor that can help determine distance.

Of if your image doesn't look anything like the ones in the Polar transform documentation post it here so that we can see what you're working with.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index