Watchdog for Roborealm
JAHEERUDDIEN SHAIK from United Kingdom  [1 posts]
7 year
Dear Stevens,

Good Morning,

When I  use edge detection method with SRV  it's getting disturbed by light intensity on highly reflective surfaces. It's getting struck up during this time and though program passes commands SRV is not executing during this time.

What I want to know is... is there any watchdog facility available in Roborealm  to recognize that though software is passing commands but hardware is not executing. If that's available during that time I may ask SRV to come out of the program for few seconds and move right or left till that light intensity area skipped.

Kind Regards,

Jaheer

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Jaheer,

It depends mainly on the hardware. If there are error messages that come back then the module that typically talks to that hardware will have an error variable that gets set. But from reading your issue it seems that this restriction is based on the logic in the robofile where I assume you are commanding the robot to move (perhaps with a joystick?) but that is being overruled by the obstacle detection logic? Is that the case or is this really a hardware failure?

From the image you attached, you can also try the floor_finder module which has a "fill highlight" checkbox which tries to detect these reflections and ignores them. Yes, this does mean that your robot will probably run into a bright light 'on the floor' but the changes of that are unusual.

See attached image just running the floor finder in default mode with the highlight checkbox checked.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index