Color detection
Jim from United States  [1 posts]
8 year
Hi, I am working on a project where I am trying to quantify the colors I have on an image. Specifically the image below, where I am trying to isolate the green color region from the black regions and vice versa.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Jim

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 8 year
Jim,

Attached is one way to do this ... but its not quite done. There are a couple things you can do to improve the results:

1. Can you center the light? You don't see it but there is a green bias on the lower side of the image since the light is directly above that. If you look at the attached you will see more detections on the lower side due to this.

2. Try changing the saturation setting on your camera to improve the actual green color. The color is currently very subtle and would probably work better if more color was captured by the camera.

3. Try to avoid using jpg as the saving file format for color since much of the color is removed in Jpeg images. Try using PNG instead which preserves the color better ... or perhaps you are getting an image directly from your camera which would avoid this issue altogether.

The attached image shows the results of the robofile ... i.e. color the green dots red so you can see what is detected and what is not.

STeven.

program.robo
Anonymous 8 year
This is great thanks!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index