Failing to set image/get variables
Joshua Robertson from Canada  [11 posts]
8 year
Hi,

I'm finding some functionality is inconsistent and I was wondering if I would be able to get some assistance.

I don't have a camera tied to the roborealm program, it is simple just the program not running in the background.
We are doing a blob shape match to determine blob location and calculating offsets.

I find that sometimes when I attempt to SetBitmap() it fails to set it, but it's very inconsistent. The same goes for GetVariables().

I'll get a VARIANT_FALSE return SetBitmap, but then if I attempt to do so again shortly after I will get a VARIANT_TRUE.

The same happens for GetVariables, or at least it appears that way. Am I wrong in thinking that if an image is processed and no matches were found, it should still return something not just empty strings?

Ultimately I am just having difficulty consistently setting source images in roborealm to be processed.

If there is anything you would like me to provide, so you can more easily assist me in determining my issues and finding a solution let me know.

Thanks,
Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Josh,

Can you post what code you are using the SetBitmap function in? I.e. we'd need to know how you are using the function to be able to replicate the issue. If you can share your robofile too that will help us understand the situation.

When you use the SetBitmap does it return immediately or after a couple seconds? If a timeout occurs for some reason (like a communication issue) the call will take a bit but then return false with no variables being set.

A variable can be returned without any results ... it will really depend on what variable you are referring to and/or what's in the image. Most modules will create an empty variable if the processing doesn't find anything but some will remove the variable to indicate no results.

When you get these SetBitmap errors, I assume you don't see any change in the GUI when that fails? Or is the image updated despite the error?

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index