Matching Alpha Numerics with ASCII
Arnie Brakel from Canada  [4 posts]
8 year
Hi STeven,
  Just looking for how to match alpha numerics captured by OCR with a provided ASCII string as per my attached example.  I know I'm doing something wrong but not sure what.  I've attached my program with a snap shot of the image.

Thanks as usual,
   Arnie...

program.robo
Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 8 year
Arnie,

Try the attached. Couple fixes:

1. The recognized words expect multiple lines so a newline is appended after the word. When comparing directly with a text string those need to be removed using Trim() before comparison.

2. Note the one recognition ABCD100 is actually recognized as ABOD1OO (letter O instead of digit 0). It is always tricky to recognize 0's, O's, etc. Best to use a dictionary words.txt file which includes the part numbers one on each line

ABCD100
HSFD222

which will be matched to the OCR text. This ensures that these issues are removed.

See attached.

STeven.
Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 8 year
Arnie,

Try the attached. Couple fixes:

1. The recognized words expect multiple lines so a newline is appended after the word. When comparing directly with a text string those need to be removed using Trim() before comparison.

2. Note the one recognition ABCD100 is actually recognized as ABOD1OO (letter O instead of digit 0). It is always tricky to recognize 0's, O's, etc. Best to use a dictionary words.txt file which includes the part numbers one on each line

ABCD100
HSFD222

which will be matched to the OCR text. This ensures that these issues are removed.

See attached.

STeven.
words.zip
program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index