Python Module not working
Carter from United States  [12 posts]
8 year
Hello,

I downloaded a trial version of RoboRealm a couple weeks ago and had it working great with python. However, when I downloaded the free version for FIRST I have not been able to get any robo files with the python module working. I updated to the newest version, 2.79.16, and that fixed one problem (its inability to locate the DLL file), but now it says Missing Package: Python3x Library. Even though it used to work, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall python 32-bit multiple times just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the python version I installed, but that has not fixed the error.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Carter,

Where is your Python35.dll install in? The most recent version of Python has yet again changed where they place the file AND changed their registry entry as to the location it is installed. We try to keep things current but its a moving target we have no control over.

Can you check

c:\Python35\Python35.dll
c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\Python35.dll
c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\Python35.dll

to see if any of those locations contain the file? If not, can you do a system search and report where it placed it?

We can't seem to replicate this issue with the latest RR version an Python 32bit 3.5 version.

Thanks,
STeven.

Carter from United States  [12 posts] 8 year
Hi Steven,

The file is located at the third option you mentioned: c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\Python35.dll
Bit of a guess here .. but python35.dll requires the vc2015 redistributable to be installed. In particular it needs VCRUNTIME140.dll which can be installed using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

RR is probably finding the file but cannot load it since a dependency is failing (it can't tell which is which). Worth a quick try to install that redistributable and see if that helps.

STeven.
Hi Steven,

The file is located at the third option you mentioned: c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32\Python35.dll
Hi STeven,

Downloading the package from that link worked! Everything is back to normal again. Thanks!
Carter,

Excellent! So that's a new thing we should look out for too. Lucky guess on our part!

We'll add (yet another) check for that particular vc2015 dll on python ver 3.5 to help clarify the problem.

Cheers,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index