Blob_Inspection Module RoboRealm
Neleena Paul from United States  [1 posts]
8 year
Hello,
For my project, I am trying to figure use parking spaces as my blobs to inspect on whether parking spaces are free or not? However, while in roborealm I cannot find the blob inspection module used in the tutorials and was hoping someone could help out regarding getting that particular module or to know what combination of blob modules could help to perform the same task?

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Neleena,

The Blob Inspection module is only available in the commercial version. While its typically used for industrial applications you can use it to determine if a parking space is empty or not using threshold values in comparison to an empty spot. Keep in mind that the Blob Inspection does not deal with different lighting situations so you may need to take care of that before the blob inspection module.

The other possibility is to use the Sample Color module to get the average color of a spot. By checking the value against a know value for that location you can determine if the spot color is different from the known color. Again this will change on intensity changes so you'd need to pre-normalize the image based on color.

Lots of testing required. You'll really need to capture images from many different weather conditions to test if the comparison values are correct.

STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
So in terms of identifying an individual spot as being taken or not, that module is very helpful. However, in terms of looking at a lot and identifying each space as a blob can simply be done through blob tracking and using variables to keep track of their ids?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at ... yes, the blob inspection is good at determining if a spot is different than when it is empty but identifying all the spots to check would either require manual identification in the image by you creating a B&W image mask that is white in each parking spot but black elsewhere which is what the Blob Inspection module needs or you use some other thresholding/erosian/etc. to try to automatically create a mask that is then used in the Blob Inspection.

So for your image above this mask would look something like the attached for just 3 spots.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index