loading
 
Faceless Function
Muhammed from Turkey  [1 posts]
2 years
Hi Steven ,

  I found faceless function for hide roborealm, and using vb6 for conrol roborealm,  when i search api components i saw hide function for do that, and when i use this code "rr.ShowWindow(false)" for hide roborealm nothing happened. after that i use faceless mode for hiding, and write that code for it " rr.Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\RoboRealm\RoboRealm.exe", 6060  ', -faceless  " . But it didn't work too, I have personal lisance , and when i go faceless tab in roborealm i saw "hide the roborealm GUI is only available for commercial version of roborealm " , My question is do am i using wrong code for hide roborealm, or how can i hide roborealm ?

Thanks for your support

Best regards..
Steven Gentner from United States  [260 posts] 2 years
Muhammed,

The faceless mode is only available for the commercial version of RoboRealm (i.e. the $159 price tag). The faceless mode is to be used with external applications where RoboRealm is meant to be used in the background without the end user knowing of its existence ... which is classified as a commercial use of RoboRealm (i.e. part of revenue generation).

The API is still fully functional so that you can develop using the trial/personal version and then upgrade to the commercial version when needed for that functionality to become reponsive.

Sorry for the confusion, we've updated the website to indicate this better. Both of your techniques (API command or Open command would work).

STeven.
Anonymous 2 years
Hi Steven,

I have the commercial version - and I can toggle faceless mode from the interface but I can't get it to work from the API...  VB 2015 - showwindow(-1) and showindow(0) both return 0 and have no effect....  Am I doing something wrong?

Bob
Steven Gentner from United States  [1370 posts] 2 years
Bob,

There was a mistake in the RR_COM_DLL activeX object that interfaces with VB. The actual routine had confused one of its parameters with a class variable. This has now been corrected and uploaded to the site. If you download the lastest version that should fix your issue. Note, if you bring up the API tab in the Options button you should see the XML strings come in that interface from your VB app. Its a quick check to see if the signals are getting there.

The latest version has an updated COM object which will fix your problem.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

 New Post   Forum Index