Roborealm wth Flir one Android camera to detect IR signatures
Mark Irgang from United States  [1 posts]
8 year
I want to use roborealm to aim a paintball sentry gun with a pan and tilt servo connected to an arduino.

Can I use the FLIR One infared camera to detect a human running in front of the sentry gun and aim the pan and tilt servo?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Mark,

If you can get the FLIR image into a PC, then yes, it is possible to do. A FLIR image is essentially a grayscale image that can be processed in RR for various aspects not unlike a Kinect, Depth, etc. image.

The issue is how to get that image into a PC. I'm not familiar with the app on the Android phone that runs the FLIR capture and if it can transmit that image to some other device. Do you see any indication of if that's possible?

Another possibility is if the device sees the FLIR sensor like a regular webcam, if so, then there are Android apps that will transmit a camera image over wifi to other devices which would work with RoboRealm. See what the possibilities on Andriod are to get the image out of the phone and we can better describe how to get the image into RR.

Thanks.
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index