Counting bread
Peter from Australia  [2 posts]
8 year
Hi all. I have been asked to count bread. Yep but before its cooked. Here is a link to the items passing under a lens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/du2tmd9lvi8lwt2/20150925_102214.mp4?dl=0

I want to try and count the dough as it passes underneath. Do you think this would be possible?

Later I would like to detect burnt bread but thats a later thing
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Peter,

Do you want to count each bucket of bread (relatively easy) or the individual break loafs in each bucket (harder)?

STeven.
Peter from Australia  [2 posts] 8 year
I need to see if there is a dough in each individual cube and count them. I can move camera closer etc no issues. I can electrically tell the system when each section is in front of the camera electrically. So yes I need to count each individual dough
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Peter,

It will be very difficult to count the individual break loafs since they are not very discrete. It may be possible with additional sensors (like a depth sensor) but another way would be to approach the problem in a different way. What I mean by that I assume the counting of the bread is to ensure that the system is working correctly and that production is as expected. Instead of counting the loafs, one would instead monitor the area produced by the break and use that count as a way to monitor product. For example, see the attached with will detect the loafs and produce a single variable COLOR_SAMPLE_G that should be about the same value for 4 loafs. If that number changes drastically one can detect an anomaly in production.

Does that help?

STeven.

program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index