GenICam XML Parse error
Jake from United States  [5 posts]
8 year
I'm using a 30 day trial of RR 2.76.3. I've installed the GenICam module but I'm having an error when it goes to grab frames from the camera (see attached image).

Could not parse Camera XML settings.
(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Regist)
PreProcessor : Xalan transformation failed. Error message =
'SAXParseException: (, line 2673, column 11)'

It's a Prosilica (now AVT) GE680. I know the camera is connected and operational because I can see it using Prosilica's GigE Viewer.

I push the yellow button to find the camera. Then I've tried a few different values for Packet Size, 0 (default), 100, 1500.  But as soon as I click "Start" I get the error and RR hangs.

Thanks,
Jake

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Jake,

That's most likely due to a unicode/high ascii character included in the description that the GenICam dlls that you installed don't like. We've come across this before and added in some pre-processing to eliminate this error.

Can you click on the XML tab after you get this error, copy the text, paste into a text file, zip it up and attach it here (or use the contact form to send us your email so we can just use attachments). We can then review what is online 2673 of that data to see what strange character is included to cause the error. It might be a non-printable ASCII character.

STeven.

Jake from United States  [5 posts] 8 year
I've attached the full XML output. Below are the last 20 lines or so:

<MaskedIntReg Name="RegMemoryFileCmdNumber" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Address>0x17104</Address>
  <Length>4</Length>
  <AccessMode>RW</AccessMode>
  <pPort>Device</pPort>
  <LSB>31</LSB>
  <MSB>16</MSB>
  <Endianess>BigEndian</Endianess>
</MaskedIntReg>

<MaskedIntReg Name="RegMemoryFileCmdExecute" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Length>4</Length>
  <pPort>Device</pPort>
  <Cachable>NoCache</Cachable>
  <LSB>15</LSB>
  <MSB>0</MSB>
</MaskedIntReg>

<IntReg Name="RegMemoryFileDefault" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Address

Thats it .... it just sort of stops right in the middle of setting up the "RegMemoryFileDefault" field.
Jake from United States  [5 posts] 8 year
I've attached the full XML output. Below are the last 20 lines or so:

<MaskedIntReg Name="RegMemoryFileCmdNumber" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Length>4</Length>
  <pPort>Device</pPort>
  <LSB>31</LSB>
  <MSB>16</MSB>
</MaskedIntReg>

<MaskedIntReg Name="RegMemoryFileCmdExecute" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Length>4</Length>
  <pPort>Device</pPort>
  <Cachable>NoCache</Cachable>
  <LSB>15</LSB>
  <MSB>0</MSB>
</MaskedIntReg>

<IntReg Name="RegMemoryFileDefault" NameSpace="Custom">
  <Address

Thats it .... it just sort of stops right in the middle of setting up the "RegMemoryFileDefault" field.
xml from camera.zip
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Jake,

Ok, that doesn't appear to be an invalid character but an incorrect truncation of the data being received. As this is typically sent over as a zip file from the camera we're not sure where this truncation would occur. We've verified that there isn't a file size limit in the code so its unclear if the camera is sending a wrong size (sadly this happens quite often) or if the format is different enough to cause this error.

Would you be able to setup a TeamViewer/GotoMyPC/RemoteDesktop/Citrix/etc. to a machine with that camera connected? We can then investigate further.

This is most likely not an issue with their native software as it probably doesn't use the GenICam standard but something more native to their initial implementation. Its not uncommon for us to find small irregularities with the GenICam interface of cameras that work just fine with their native software.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index