Python RR
from United States  [1 posts]
17 year
I am a very impressed with your software. As a hobbyist I have found python to be a great robotics control language. I am using your python RR API interface  with a home brewed robot and am impressed with the code. I like the fact that the code is clean and avoids the use of confusing OO classes.  This simple fact makes your code very useful to an amateur programmer like myself. Thanks

I also have a SRV-1 robot ( http://www.surveyor.com/ ) and would like to use Roborealm as the vision and control application for this robot.  I believe your Python console is superior to the python console developed by the folks at surveyor.  I am told that you are considering developing a RR interface to the SRV-1, is this true and if it is, is there a due date.  I would be glad to help in whatever way I can to make this project work. Do you need an alpha tester?

I would also like to find or start a python thread for the RR forum.

Surveyor SRV-1
Anonymous
17 year
Hi  GByron,

Yes, it is true that we are developing a module for the SRV-1. In fact that should be released by mid next week or earlier along with a tutorial showing one way to use the new module.

You're welcome to start a thread on Python and RoboRealm and are happy you found the Python API example useful. We intentionally kept the code simple to ensure that many would be able to understand some of it at a glance.

Thanks for you post and we'll respond back here when the SRV-1 goes live! (or keep and eye on the RSS or homepage)

STeven.
Surveyor SRV-1 launched
Anonymous
17 year
Seem like I should check my email before answering posts! Looks like we just launched the SRV-1 module along with the new tutorial. Please download RoboRealm again to see that module. It is under the Control subtree. Check out the tutorials section for a quick demo.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index