Ollie by Orbotix
CJ from Australia  [21 posts]
9 year
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if a module that controls the ollie robot by orbit may be possible to make? Creating one to control Sphero Robot should be relatively easy (The SDK's are available) So, I was just wondering if a module for the Ollie robot would be possible?

-CJ
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
CJ,

Do you have an Ollie robot? While it is possible I've read that it supports bluetooth LE which is only supported by Win8.1 in the Microsoft world. This will NOT work with win7. Is this something that you are aware of?

STeven.
CJ from Australia  [21 posts] 9 year
Hi STeven,

I don't have an Ollie robot but I was torn between the Sphere and Ollie I wasn't aware of that, no... Would the Sphero be more practical then? As I don't believe it uses BT LE?

-CJ
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
CJ,

I do know that the earlier versions of Sphero would connect to a PC just fine (in fact we worked on that earlier version with Orbotix). I guess the question is really what you are looking for? When you say 'practical' what are you referring to? An easy to learn robot?

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index