Fill circle
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year

Hi STeven

I often need to mask off areas when using the Blob_filter. It takes ages to set up blocking rectangles and triangles, and moreso if I then want to change the vantage point of the camera.

In the Display modules, like Circle, triangle etc, there is an option to 'Fill' the area.

Would it be difficult to have a box showing 'Fill background' ?

Is such a feature desirable?

The ultimate would be to then have drag points on these modules, as with 'Sample_Color'

Regards
Roland
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

Can we switch the perspective on you? I.e. we have a more advanced version of the Crop module in progress. The difference would be that the area you specify would be specified using a polygon. I.e. you would draw lines around an area that you want to preserve. The module would then crop the image to the minimal area and fill the non-square areas with black (or whatever color you need).

This would probably be much quicker than drawing circles, triangles,etc. and provide you with the results of what you are doing with a mask.

For example, the attached image shows the image with an irregular crop (the red line would only be visible during specification of the area). This would also be movable using variables in case you needed to center it ontop of a particular location in the image.

Make sense?

STeven.

Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year

Hi STeven

Yes, that would work too. The reason I mostly want a circle, is like in the target example of yours, round is harder to do with a polygon. A target is a perfect example of needing a circle mask.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have looked at 'crop' in the past, but it reduces the entire image to the area involved. The x-y on the screen is also now new. I always thought the crop should have an option to leave the image 'where it is.'

I have attached a 'mouse over' example of what I mean. Using crop as it is would play havoc with any text or other overlays if you decide to shift the crop to a new region of interest.

Regards
Roland

PS, I don't know if this attachment will upload as I see a 300K file limit..

program.robo
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

The Crop module was updated to include a checkbox option to NOT resize the image. This will preserve any coordinates before and after the crop module.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index