license
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year

Hi STeven

On my one machine, I can download the latest RR, but when I double click on the setup .exe, absolutely nothing happens. It does not open the install window. Now it looks like it's about a year since the purchase, so I just want to confirm that this is what will happen, or if there is something wrong with my PC.

Or should it say. 'license expired' or give some other message?
Do I now purchase another license for this same machine, or is there some update fee?

Regards
Roland
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

That should not happen. The non-trial download will always execute otherwise it will provide feedback as to what is going wrong. Can you check that the download file size is about 11 Megs in case you got a partial download?

Also, what version are you downloading? (It should rename the download file to the version you are downloading). One possibility is that the version has become corrupted in some way and doesn't execute correctly.

Thanks,
STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year
Hi Steven

I found that the reason RR was not opening was because of a 'security' issue. See the attached pic. Never seen that before, and this machine is old. XP SP2

Regards
Roland

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

Was this directly downloaded from the site or copied from another computer? Apparently this is a known XP issue but typically comes up when files are copied from one machine to the next as apposed to being downloaded. I noticed the c:\My Documents folder so I figured I'd ask.

STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year

It was a direct download. The vision machine, on the other hand, is always a copy as it has no internet, but never had the message on that machine.

Regards
Roland

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index