OPC server
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year
Can RR communicate through an OPC bridge ?

A customer has a vision system using Ni Vision builder. This communicates variables via an OPC bridge to a GUI written(compiled) in Delphi. This is fixed and the vendor has vacated.

I'm thinking of installing RR to develop an alternative GUI. The camera is a Point Grey device to a PCI card using firewire, so I can't mess with that.

I see OPC and UDP comes up blank in the forum..

Roland
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
That looks like something we can incorporate. Give us some time to review that spec and I'll post an update here probably sometime next week.

Does the image get communication over OPC or is that something you'd communicate with via the PCI card?

STeven.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Does the Delphi GUI implement an OPC server or client? I.e. what side do you need in RR? The client is a lot simpler to create whereas the server will take a while longer.

STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year
Hi STeven

I have not been able to explore the system in depth yet. It's mostly in use and I can't play with it much. I'll need to build a picture of all the programs running and see what was written and what is commercial.

It's a long term project and I'll probably only get into it in depth in November, when I can give you better info and more direct questions.

Regards
Roland

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index