ini file
Pete from United States  [56 posts]
9 year
Hi STeven,

How does one create an ini file to be called when starting RR.  In the API documentation there is a startup option 'ini_file' which RR will read on startup.  Documentation indicates normally reads info stored in the Registry, but can be read from an ini file.  I have not be able to locate any ini file or figure out how to create one.  Is there a startup option to load a program on startup?

Is there some documentation that I'm missing?  The reason I'm asking is I have a program that starts RR and would always like it to start a specific program.  I can't always guarantee that the last program run by RR is the one to be started when run again.  Right now I always have to open the program I want run when RR is started by my remote application and exit RR to run properly.

Thanks,
-pete

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Pete,

If you have a look at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/API.php#parameters

that lists what arguments one can provide to RoboRealm from the command line in order to start it up in different ways.

Alternatively if you check the Options button->Startup tab you will find a selection of ways that you can startup RR .. including specifying which robofile to run when started.

STeven.
Pete from United States  [56 posts] 9 year
Hi STeven,

Yes, I have reviewed the API parameter section in detail.  I guess the question is how would you create an ini file for other instances?  I have not been able to find any ini file(s), as documentation indicates information is stored in the registery.  Think I''m missing something simple here.

As for statring RR with a specific scipt program I thought I would have been able to define in the command line.  The program startup option under the options tabs will work for what I'm planning.

Thanks,
-pete
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Pete,

I think the confusion is that an ini file doesn't exist ... ie. we don't provide an example. The reason for this is when you startup RR using something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\RoboRealm>roborealm -ini_file c:\temp\test.ini

RR will startup in a default configuration. Any changes you make (resize the app, switch on the api, etc.) will be saved to that ini file on exit. Thus, you don't need to create one as all the defaults apply with the ini file getting created only when you exit the app. Restarting with the same ini file will then read in all the params and configure RR as expected. The Registry entries are created in the same way. When you first launch RR they are all blank and just get filled on exit.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index