Multi email accounts
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts]
9 year
Is it possible to have multiple individual  email accounts where any one may be singularly and automatically  informed  of  any visual irregularity that is relevant to that individual.
I would like to inform members that if their boat is missing from the mooring. Either it may have been stolen or broken away from the moorings in heavy weather.
Is this possible with the present E-mail module.

John
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts] 9 year

Just to add, my train of thought was to use multiple Email Modules if If statements, would that be the best option.
The RR boat detection program is working OK with serial coms with the Pic.

John
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
John,

we just made an update to that module to accept [variable] in most of the fields. So you can now specify [email_to] in the email recipient field and set that 'email_to' variable to whom you want to email. Naturally you'll need to know which email to use with which mooring. Assuming this doesn't change often you can accomplish this in a programming module (VBscript) using a select statement.

STeven.
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts] 9 year
Hi Steven,

That sounds perfect, the boats do not change so owners are associated with each mooring.
AS you say I can now associate each boat to the owners email account.

Thank you for your quick response.
John

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index