Toshiba Encore 2 8" tablet
Eddy Wright from United States  [14 posts]
9 year
Microcenter currently has the Toshiba Encore 2 8" Windows 81. tablet on sale for $149 (in store only).  The specs look pretty good except it has only 1GB of ram.

I plan to pick one of these up and try Roborealm on it but I was hoping someone may have some experience with running Roborealm on a Win8.1 tablet with only 1GB of RAM. Anyone tried this yet?

Thanks,
Eddy
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Eddy,

The specs are fine. Better than many of the netbooks that we currently run RR on ... so I would expect it to run just fine. Despite that, we've not yet run it on exactly that platform. Perhaps we might pick one of those up ourselves since it seems like such a nice platform.

STeven.
Eddy Wright from United States  [14 posts] 9 year
At $150, I was concerned they may not last so I picked one up today. I have to say, it's a nice tablet. Hard to believe a 13 oz tablet can house a Win8 PC...  Even with 1GB of RAM, it seems to perform pretty well.

I haven't installed RR yet, still getting it set up and fine tuned.  there's about 20GB of free space left on the onboard flash. It's also supports an external microSD card.

I'll let you know how it performs.

Eddy
Eddy Wright from United States  [14 posts] 9 year
I installed the latest version of RR and it works great on the tablet. At 640x348, the video runs at 20+ FPS, with the red blob tracking example, the framerate is between 15-18 FPS.  I'm very happy with the results I'm getting from a $150 tablet.

Eddy
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Eddy,

Thanks for the update! Yes, that seems quite good for $150! Bet they will sell out quickly.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index