Wowee Rovio Control within AVM Navigator
Sean from Australia  [2 posts]
10 year
Hi guys, this is my first post so hopefully i'm posting in the correct area.

Firstly let me set the tone/pace so there is no misunderstanding:
- I'm very much a beginner at robotics
- I have two Rovio's that I almost exclusively use via the web interface (exception is RR)
- I have 'tinkered' with the RR tutorials for the Rovio and have managed to get the Rovio to find a red beach ball and follow it, by modifying the existing VB scripts from the supplied tutorials
- Although not a beginner at programming, I have written various programs in AutoHotKey (AHK) but have almost zero experience in VB

I have managed to interface my two Rovios with RR successfully and I have managed to get AVM Navigator working with the Q3 module.

I however am unable to "control" the Rovio from within the AVM Navigator interface in marker mode, ie when it 'initialises', the Rovio doesn't turn or register that i'm moving it from a web interface, even via the RR module.

What I am trying to achieve is to create a drivable map / circuit of my house so the Rovios can roam autonomously and know where the charging dock is so it can return/dock when the batteries are low. If I were able to get both Rovios to "SLAM" (Simultaneously Localise and Map,) i'd be giddy with joy but I think that's being overly optimistic. This may involve leaving fiducials on walls?

From what I understand, I would need to translate the expected variables, eg "NV_FORWARD" to "move 1", "NV_LEFT" to "move 3" etc

My question is how is this accomplished?

Has anyone written a VB script so RR, Rovio and AVM Navigator all play together nicely?

I have read many forum posts but I guess I just haven't read the right ones yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks again

Sean
EDV  [328 posts] 10 year
I think these topics could help:
http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?thread_id=4652
http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?thread_id=5250
Sean from Australia  [2 posts] 10 year
Cheers for that :)

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index