Identifying a Pet
Brian from United States  [1 posts]
10 year
I'm very new to this and would really like someone to give me a general guide to the steps needed to having a cat (or dog, etc.) identified by the program and then to have me alerted.  So, say I'm upstairs and I want to know when an animal downstairs is awake and goes by my cell phone camera, which goes to my computer through the VLC program.  That far I have already gotten.  From this point, how do I get RoboRealm to see the VLC data and what filters(and in what order) would you use to identify unique animals?  I am looking to specialize as much as possible this process.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Brian,

You'd be at it forever to identify specific animals. A shortcut would be to see that something large enough is different from the background. Check the movement module as that is probably what you are looking for. Will not identify that 'I see a cat' or 'I see a dog' but instead will be 'I see something moving'.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index