Image flicker using OpenNI Kinect camera
thomas from United States  [3 posts]
10 year
Hello,
Having a bit of a problem.
Using the example 'track red object' and selecting 'OpenNI Kinect' as my camera.
When either viewing the actual camera image or black screen with red highlights for tracking, I'm getting a lot of flickering.  
I plan on using cogX as a reference but with the flickering the cog box jumps all over the screen.
Also noticed getting a few primesense errors, where primesense has to shut down.
Any help appreciated.

thomas
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Thomas,

I assume you are seeing this flickering also in the RGB image? Note that you will get some noise in an image but the COG shouldn't move more than a couple pixels one a stationary image.

What it sounds like is that you are having power issues. If you are running this from a laptop, try plugging in the laptop to main AC power as some will reduce the power to USB connections when on battery mode. Yes, I know, the Kinect as its own power but it still draws quite a bit from the laptop even with its own power. We came across this issue when using the Kinect with a netbook on battery.

If you are all powered up and still get massive flickering, most likely you then have a hardware problem. If you can borrow another Kinect to test on the same hardware that will help deduce if that's the problem or not.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index