Choppy servo control (dynamixel)
David Covarrubias from United States  [3 posts]
10 year
I was able to get my dynamixel servos to be controlled using A USB2Dynamixel adapter but when I set it to respond to COG X or MouseX its very choppy

I thought it might be that the FPS on the pc onboard camera is 30FPS and it might be sending jumps in position data from where I move in between frames.

is there an Ideal setup that would give me smoother video?  I have a pretty high end laptop but the video is still a bit choppy.  This is R&D for a paid gig so I should be able to purchase the proper hardware needed...  just don't know whats ideal...

If there are any good tutorials out there Id love to get links so I can learn on my own.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Can you check on the right side of the pipeline and see what gray numbers are high for which modules? It sounds like you have something in the pipeline that may be a bit sluggish. See what happens when you disable modules if the speed increases.

The setup you mention appears to be ok. You should get very good rates with the dynamixel setup and it should be quite smooth.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index