reloading file
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
10 year

How does one get RR to re-load itself,  as in a watchdog timer?

Also, if I load the same file that is running in RR, will I get a stack overflow?

But I cant try it because I cant find the correct syntax. These don't work;

rr.open("\"c:\\RoboRealm\\RoboRealm.exe\\testing.robo);
rr.open("c:\RoboRealm\RoboRealm.exe\testing.robo")

Roland

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Roland,

You'll not get a stack overflow loading a file that is running. When a load request is received it waits until the current pipeline run is complete and then loads in the new file. This ensures that the system does not get into an illegal state.

You are getting confused with the rr.open command. That's to open a connection to RR and start the RR application itself. You will never use that command in the way that you have specified it.

The function you are thinking of is

rr.loadProgram

so check the examples on that. Note this assumes a connection has been made. The RR functions as a server more than an application.

If you want you could use the rr.close() API command and then the rr.open pointing to the RR exe file to restart RR from an external app. But again, you are opening up a world of problems in doing so. I'd not recommend going with this approach.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index