opening error
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
10 year
Hi

I was just wondering if this is normal;

If I'm working with a script, say with 10 lines, if I disable line 4, and save the file, when i re-open the file later, I get the attached error page. Now only lines 1-3 are displayed.

If I open the file with a text editor, and remove the text 'disabled' in line 4, then I can open the file normally again.

This might be a bug?

Regards
Roland

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Roland,

Can you post that corrected file so that we can try the same thing?

Its not normal, most likely due to the addition of the tabs. Is this an older script or something that you just did? I just tried to replicate this without success ... its also possible that the latest version took care of this issue.

Thanks,
STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 10 year
Ok, I'm attaching the 'error' file. I has just installed the latest version of RR.

And don't worry about the content of the file, it's just messing around...

Regards
Roland

program.robo
Roland,

Just confirming, this is the robofile with all the keyboard reads in it right? It appears to come up ok for me.

You are

1. Opening the file
2. Disabling line 3 the VBScript Program module
3. Saving this as something.robo
4. Restart RR
5. Open something.robo
--> Generates that error?

STeven.
Hi Steven

I just got to work, and opened up RoboRealm. This is a seat I got yesterday.
I setup 'options' to open empty. Closed, and re-opened.

This example is only two lines, but if it was 20 lines and the disable was at line 10, then only 1- 9 would be shown.

I'm attaching a number of simple screen shots showing the sequence.

Regards
Roland

Roland,

Thanks for the detailed sequence. That's what we figured you were doing but could not replicate. Unfortunately, we still can't replicate that error testing on our machines. Its possible that you just got a bad copy or downloaded while something else was going on.

Can you download a fresh copy and just load in the new test.robo with the disabled tag?

If you get that same error 'Invalid Tagset ...' there will be an additional number shown. Can you send us the screenshot of this new error?

The problem may be related to your timezone, language settings, etc. which we are trying to determine what that might be.

STeven.
I Don't see a 'test.robo' file if it was meant to be attached. Anyway, I just disabled the last item and saved, re-opened. See attached pic.

Otherwise, one difference is that I install Roborealm under C:\roborealm\, and not in program files.

Also, I'm not complaining about the apparent bug. The error does not worry me, I just thought it might be of interest to you.

Regards
Roland

Roland,

That was "new test.robo" which is what you called the file that you saved. I included it again here just in case you deleted it. Its VERY important to use exactly that file since the new debug number is looking specifically for the RGB_Filter.

Something very strange is going on with your machine ... we'd like to know what since this issue may show itself in a different way somewhere else.

Thanks,
STeven.

program.robo

Ok, I used attached program. see attached pic.

This morning, as I said, I tried the same thing at my work PC. Thats where I made the file I sent. I'm now opening it on my home PC, and getting the same error.

Roland,

If this is still an issue, can you download the latest and post that error message again? We've not found anything directly that would cause this error except for a general memory problem.

Thanks,
STeven.

Hi Steven

I'm still having the issue of saving a file with some functions disabled, and then re-opening it.

I have the latest version running on three different machine, and have the same problem on all of them. They're also running numerous other apps, so I doubt it's a memory problem.

I then have to text edit the .robo file to make it usable again, and if a VB script was disabled, have to re-insert CR's as the VB script comes up concatenated as one line.

Roland

There does seem to be a strange configuration on your machine that we are not able to replicate. For some reason spaces are not spaces and newlines are no longer newlines.

Is there anything different that you are aware of in your system? Do you have Windows configured for a different language character set? Have you done any custom configurations to your keyboard? etc.etc?

We're just not able to replicate your issue and until we know what is causing that we can't fix the problem.

Can you post one of the malformed robofiles here which loads up as a single VBScript line?

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index