masking
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
10 year
Hi all

My first post here, and new on the program;

I'm trying to figure out how to mask an image. Although there are many tools, all I want to do is apply what is tantamount to a black page with a hole in it, over the image to mask out 90% of the image, and then process that. It seems I can only filter the image, and not outright mask it.

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Roland,

Actually I think you have it ... the problem is that RoboRealm treats black as being off or masked and white as being active. So what I think you are asking for is the black cross with the rest of the image being white? If so, then you'll have to negate the image prior to masking since the masking will pass through anything only in white areas.

Thus, negate the original image

then apply your mask

and then negate back

STeven.

program.robo
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 10 year
Ok, thanks for that, but how does one select the image that acts as the mask?

On the dropdown selection for mask I only see;

Source
Current
match_image

none of which, from what I can see, allow for a file image to be loaded, as in;

Source
Current
match_image
Browse for image <<<<<

Regards
Roland
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Roland, have a look at the Load_Image module used in that robofile I posted. That's where you load in an image that then populates that dropdown image list.

That list can be populated from more than just the file system so that's the reason it doesn't have a "browse for image" since it would have to also have "browse web" and "browse Rovio" and "browse IP Camera" and ... you get the point. So instead there are modules for each of these that then load an image into memory and provide and unified interface for all modules that require additional images.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index