Edge Detection for laser trimming
Michael from United Kingdom  [1 posts]
11 year
Hi,

I have a strip of BLACK magnet impregnated polymer. It is 1mm thick and can be any width or length.

I have a number of small (roughly 60mmx50mm) printed colour images that are stuck on to the magnetic film.

I would like to program a laser to cut out the images from the magnetic film. Obviously I need very good edge detection software that can differentiate the colour image from the black magnetic film.

Is there a way this can be done with your software? Thanks for the help

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Michael,

You must be a cat person?

Yes, something along those lines can be done. For a past event we detected the outline of a papercraft cut and converted that cut into SVG (vector lines) that was loaded into a laser cutter (Epilog) to cut out the pattern.

If you have an image you can share, upload that and we can reply back with our best guess at what may work. Note, that you still need to feed the resulting file into the cutter in some way. Not sure if you expect that to be automatic or not.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index