Faceless Startup Not Working
John Davis  [71 posts]
11 year
My mobile robot's saved RR program starts up automatically after a clean shutdown with the GUI visible even though the "Startup  in faceless" was checked and program was saved before shutdown.

The ad hoc network also starts automatically and my remote browser window functions as intended, allowing me to switch between autonomous and manual modes.  If I didn't have a monitor connected, I would not know that the GUI was visible.

The robot is running Windows 7 Home Premium with 1.3 GHz dual Celeron CPU and 8 GB memory.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
John,

Thanks for the tip. We were able to replicate and resolve the issue. Please see 2.50.10 for that fix.

Thanks,
STeven.
John Davis  [71 posts] 11 year
I believe 2.50.10 did fix that problem, but, oh my, it broke something else badly!  (I verified this by reverting to version 2.50.1.)

In 2.50.10, the last four lines of the previously saved .robo file are missing; the program doesn't work either.  When the same file is loaded into 2.50.1, all the lines are present and the program works just like before.

I am uploading the file so you can verify this.  It has 15 lines in RR 2.50.1.
program.robo
John,

That was due to the Python module splitting into v2x and v3x. The existing one was not switching to v2x correctly. Should be working now. Can you download the latest version and try.

Thanks,
STeven.
Not quite there yet on Win 7.  Latest version (RR 2.50.11) now has this error on startup:

Unable to find PyString_Asstring in the Python dll!
Perhaps you need to download the latest version from
http://www.python.org/dlownload

Then when the program loads into RR, the Python modules are missing.

I'll wait for your response before installing yet another Python version.
(I have both 3.3 and 2.7 installed on Win 7.)  Win XP SP 3 starts up OK on same RR program.
John,

Ok, seems that there is still some overlap between 3 and 2. We don't see this issue so most likely one of the many python versions we have installed is solving this. Can you try 2.50.12 (just uploaded) and see if that helps?

Thanks,
STeven.
On Win 7 I tried inserting a new Python module into the program where the old one had been.  Python_Program_v2x gave same error as in my previous post, but _v3x worked.  I was able to then load the saved text from the old Python module.   Everything is now working as before, so I will continue to test other RR bug fixes.

The Python _v2x bug is still there, but I think I can live with it since I use only basic Python code.
Sorry, I didn't see the note about 2.50.12 before posting the above.  I will test it.
Test done with RR 2.50.12 by loading previous program which was saved with Python_Program included.  Looks good now, no error message, and now shows Python_Program_v2.
Cool, thanks for the final report.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index