Target Variable Meanings
James Hoekzema from United States  [3 posts]
11 year
Hey Steven,

I'm the lead programmer for team 4256 (I believe my partner David has posted on here before) and have a question about the variables we send back to the robot.  We are not having any problems with RoboRealm, it's working extremely well (we're even using it in a unique way to train our drivers).  However, we are a little confused as to the values we are sending back to the robot.  We are sending back all the target color variables (horizontal angle, vertical angle, and distance) and mainly just using yellow (the center target) to run an autonomous alignment code on our robot.  Initially, we thought the values coming back would be -23.75 on the left to 23.75 on the right of the image (Since the FOV is 47.5).  However, we have gotten back values as high as 38.4 and even the sign on the angle seems to be independent of which side of the image the located target is.  So my question is, how is are these numbers being calculated (just the angles, not the distance)?

Thanks,
James Hoekzema
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
James,

We'll look into that but before we do could you post the robofile that you are using and a sample of the raw image where you are seeing this behavior? That would help ensure that the configuration you have is sending back the right data and that the image has been correctly calibrated ... which is most likely the reason for the larger than expected values.

If you'd prefer not to post that information use the site's contact form and we will reply with an email to send it to.

Thanks,
STeven.
James Hoekzema from United States  [3 posts] 11 year
Steven,

Here's the program.  Thanks for the quick response.  Just to clarify, the two variables we are receiving from the network tables are:

win = a variable used to change the camera settings when a joystick button is pressed

test = a variable used to speed up the network table communication for a short amount of time for our alignment process again, based off a joystick

Let me know if there's any other information you need.

Thanks,
James
program.robo
James Hoekzema from United States  [3 posts] 11 year
Steven,

Is there an other information you need?  I'd be happy to providr it.

James

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index